S-PaSS PH Online Registration (2022): How to Register and Get Travel Permits

S-PaSS PH Online Registration (2022): How to Register and Get Travel Permits

S-Pass is a Philippine online travel management system that allows people to get a travel pass to their desired location within the country. Learn how to get an S-Pass this 2022 by reading this guide.

(UPDATED 06/10/2022) Are you traveling somewhere in the Philippines this 2022? There's a safe, swift, and smart way of doing this through S-PaSS. 

If you are traveling, you need an S-PaSS account in order to avoid inconveniences upon going your destination. S-PASS has launched a new mobile app and website; know the step-by-step guide here on how to sign-up on the new platform.

Launched on March 26, 2021, S-PaSS is an online travel companion designed to efficiently manage the travel itinerary of Filipino local workers, Returning Overseas Filipinos (ROFs), local tourists, and others upon traveling in the Philippines, according to the Department of Science and Technology (DOST).

It also provides automated travel coordination with local government units (LGUs) so that travelers can obtain travel passes or permits.

On January 18, 2022, a Joint Memorandum Circular (JMC) on Local Travel was adopted to expedite and simplify the processing of local travel documents.

The JMC's mission is to implement and make S-PaSS available to all local governments, allowing for the use of a single system regardless of location. Additionally, data from various travel-related systems will be combined and consolidated to accelerate and simplify processes.

As of February 17, 2022, 93% (112) of local government units (LGUs) across the Philippines use S-PaSS. If an individual's destination LGU is among the 7% that do not use S-PaSS, they must contact the LGU to determine their travel policy and requirements.

If you want to check the LGUs that use or do not use S-PaSS, just go to the S-PaSS website and proceed to the LGU Policy Table.  Read below to know how to register for an S-PaSS account and get travel permits. [For mobile registration, read the guide here.]

{tocify} $title={Table of Contents}

What is S-PaSS PH?

S-PaSS (official name: S-PaSS, sometimes S-Pass PH) is an online travel management system developed by the Department of Science and Technology (DOST). It was institutionalized by the Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases through Resolution No. 101.  

It is intended to be a one-stop communication and coordination platform for travelers and Local Government Units (LGUs), whereby individuals can apply for travel documents and check travel restrictions nationwide.  

By providing a common and unified platform for communicating travel policies and requirements set by the Provincial, Highly Urbanized Cities (HUCs), and Independent Component Cities (ICCs), S-PaSS improves coordination between the traveler and the local government units (LGUs).

It also facilitates the application process of necessary travel permits needed before a person travels if such are required depending on the travel policy of the destination LGU. Currently, 92 local government units are using the said online management travel system.

Why use S-PASS?

You need S-PaSS if you will be traveling via land or bus and if you are going to areas that require Travel Pass-Through Permit (TPP) and Travel Coordination Permit (TCP). These documents can be acquired through the S-PaSS online portal.

TTP is a self-generated permit that can be used if you are going to "UNRESTRICTED" LGUs. Meanwhile, TCP is used if you will be traveling to "RESTRICTED" LGUs. You can find here the list of LGUs that are either UNRESTRICTED or RESTRICTED:

List of provinces, highly urbanized cities (HUCS), independent component cities utilizing the S-PaSS Ph app as of February 17, 2022.

Only those who intend to travel need to use the app. Travelers can check the travel policy and requirements of their destination LGU. They can also use S-PaSS in applying online for travel documents depending on the travel policy of the LGU.

The Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board (LTFRB) requires provincial bus operators to inform passengers that they must have an S-Pass account prior to ticket purchase. The LTFRB adopted S-Pass in response to a request from the League of Provinces for a system to monitor the entry of travelers into the provinces.

Based on LTFRB's Memorandum 2021-31, all PUVs operating on Inter-Regional and Inter-Provincial routes to strictly adopt the following guidelines: 

  1. Disseminate the information and inform their clients to register with the S-PASS system through the website https://www.s-pass.ph/ before purchasing tickets;
  2. Require the passenger to show proof of your S PaSS PH online registration upon purchase of the ticket;
  3. Only those passengers who have registered with the S-PASS, upon presentation of proof thereof, including prior communication, travel coordination permit (TCP), and travel pass-through permit (TPP) shall be allowed to onboard the bus to ensure compliance with the travel requirements of their destination LGUs.

What are the requirements for S-PASS registration?

You only need to have an active mobile number which will be used as your username once you log in on the S-PaSS website. Also, you must provide your correct information and details upon creating an online  S-Pass account.

You can find out what travel permit is required by logging into your S-PaSS account at s-pass.ph website and then select the "Are You Travelling?" option under the MENU section. Answer a few questions, and the system will tell you which permit you need and what else you need.

Note: S-PaSS Travel Management System does not charge for its services. By visiting the website at s-pass.ph using your mobile phone, laptop, or desktop with internet connection, you can apply for a travel permit without any cost.  

If you don't have a phone or can't register online, you can ask for help from friends, relatives, or your origin LGU. 

How do I register for an S-PaSS Philippines account?

Individuals may go to DOST's travel management app through a web browser and enter the address: https://s-pass.ph to proceed with their S-PaSS online registration. You can follow the simple steps below to register and create an S-PaSS account:

1. Open your browser and go to https://s-pass.ph

Home page of S-PaSS where you can see a "member login" tab and an LGU Travel Policy table — this is where you can find out if your destination LGU is RESTRICTED or UNRESTRICTED.

2. Click the "Register" button at the bottom part of the page

To create an account, simply scroll to the bottom of the page and click the "Register" button.

3. Enter your 10-digit personal mobile number

You should start with 9 (e.g., 9123456789) when you enter your number, afterward confirm it and click on next.

Once you're able to enter your 10-digit active personal mobile number, click on confirm and click next. (This will serve as your username when you log in next time.)

4. Fill out the S-PaSS online registration form completely

After confirming your mobile number, you must fill out the online registration form to create an S-PaSS account. You must provide the following details: login information, personal information, and your permanent address.

You should remember that the password requirement should be at least 6 characters and that your email address should be accessible if you need to reset your password.

5. Click on the captcha box, review, and click submit
After you completed filling out the online registration form, check the captcha box for verification (the box next to the "I'm not a robot" text) and click the "submit" button.

Note: A user needs to have an internet-capable device such as a desktop computer, laptop, tablet, or mobile phone. The user needs to go to the website in order to register and use the system. It is recommended that Google Chrome be used as a browser for a better user experience. The mobile app version of S-PaSS is not yet available. 

A personal mobile number is also needed for S-PaSS online registration. An email address is optional because this is needed in case of password resetting.

How to get my S-PaSS QR Code?

You may check here the step-by-step guide on how to get an S-PaSS QR Code.

You will quickly get your S-Pass PH app QR code after you're done with your online registration. Just go to your account settings to get it.

Once you’re able to complete your online registration, you just need to log in and then click on the “settings” or “my account” button under your name to be able to see your S-PaSS QR code. It is labeled with CLIENT together with corresponding 17 alphanumeric characters (e.g.

You may also follow the easy and simple steps below to get your S-PaSS QR code (for mobile browser):

1. Go to https://s-pass.ph/ and log in to your account. 

2. Click on the "MENU" button just above the page.

3. Under your name, click on the settings button.

4. Save or screenshot your S- PaSS QR Code.

Note: This is only your personal QR Code. This is different from the travel permit QR code that will be checked by local authorities from LGUs using S-PaSS. They will use an S-PaSS scanner application to verify it. This app can only be used by authorities who have access codes. S-PaSS is currently a browser-based application that allows you to check and save your QR Code.

What travel permits should you apply for?

Now that you already completed your S PaSS PH online registration, you may now apply for a travel permit. If you are going to an LGU with an 'Unrestricted' travel policy, there is no need to register and use S-PaSS since no travel documents are required.

If you are going to an LGU with a 'Restricted' travel policy, an application for a Travel Coordination Permit (TCP) is 'required. 

Meanwhile, if you will be going to an LGU with an 'Unrestricted' travel policy but passing through areas with strict travel protocol, it is recommended that a Travel Pass-Through Permit (TPP) be generated to be presented to the appropriate authorities when requested.

Steps on how to generate a Travel Pass-Through Permit (TPP): 

1. Go to https://s-pass.ph/visitors/going_somewhere and fill out the S PaSS Ph online registration form as follows:

  • Answer the question if you are an APOR (Authorized Person Outside Residence) from a government agency. If yes, list the nature of travel if either work-related or not work-related.
  • Choose either 'yes' or 'no' if you are from an enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) or modified enhance community quarantine (MECQ) area.
  • Now choose your current location, and then pick your destination.

To generate a travel pass permit or TPP through S-PaSS, know first if the destination of your choice is either RESTRICTED or UNRESTRICTED and then answer the questions provided.

2. Now click on "GENERATE TRAVEL PASS-THROUGH PERMIT," fill out the following details:
  • Type of traveler;
  • Personal details;
  • Travel details;
  • Origin and destination LGU.

After answering the questions provided and filling"out the required information, tap on "GENERATE TRAVEL PASS-THROUGH PERMIT (TPP)" to proceed with the next steps.

3. Upload your government-issued ID and input the identification number.

Once you're done with steps 1 and 2, upload your valid government-issued ID, then input its number on the form.

4. Click on the captcha box, review, and click submit.

5. Save your self-generated Travel Pass-Through Permit (TPP) and then print it.

After completing all the steps above, a travel pass-through permit (TPP) via the S-Pass app will be automatically generated. It is advisable to print it so that you can easily present it to the authorities upon going to the destination of your choice.

Note: TPP does not need any approval. It is a document that is automatically generated by the S-PaSS platform. If you’ll be traveling with your family, all members must have an individual TPP or TCP. Only Authorized Person Outside of Residence (APOR) from government agencies are exempted from TCP or TPP. As per IATF Resolution 101, APOR from government agencies need to show their Travel Order, ID, and travel itinerary when traveling.

Steps on how to apply for a Travel Coordination Permit (TCP):

You must know first if the destination you are going to is either RESTRICTED or UNRESTRICTED. To know the LGUs local travel policy, you must go to https://s-pass.ph/visitors/going_somewhere. From there, you can get detailed information on the travel requirements of the LGU, particularly if they have a 'Restricted' travel policy. (You may also view the step-by-step guide here on getting a Travel Coordination Permit via mobile.)

You may follow the easy and simple steps below:

1. Go to https://s-pass.ph/visitors/going_somewhere and fill out the online registration form (same as applying for TPP.)

2. Now click on "APPLY FOR TRAVEL COORDINATION PERMIT,' and fill out the corresponding form.

3. Upload the attachments or documents needed per the LGU requirements. Most LGUs require the following:
  • Negative RT-PCR result;
  • Certificate of Acceptance from LGU (contact your LGU to be able to get this);
  • Travel documents, if applicable;
  • Latest health certificate; and etc.

Note: You must have a photocopy of some documentary requirements needed by the LGU of your destination. This might be presented in the passenger terminal or exit/entry checkpoint and border control points. Contact first your LGU for the exact information of the required documentary requirements.

4. Wait for the approval of your TCP application.

Note: The approval process of TCPs depends on the destination LGU since incoming TCPs are directly routed to them. Travelers are advised to contact the destination LGU if the TCP request remains pending after 24 hours upon submission or if the travel is considered urgent. LGU hotline numbers are publicly posted on the 5-PaSS website 'Contact Us' page (s-pass.ph/visitors/contact).

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

You may read below for the latest FAQs about S-PaSS as of August 12, 2021.

1. Do APORs (Authorized Persons Outside Residence) and Essential Travelers need to apply for a travel permit in S-PaSS? 

All APORs and Essential Travelers are advised to secure an approved travel permit before traveling to ensure a smooth and unhampered trip. In our experience, there are still some LGUs that require travel permits to APORs and Essential Travelers. 

2. The new protocol provided under the IATF-EID Resolution No. 124-5 states that fully vaccinated individuals only need to present their vaccination cards for interzonal and intrazonal movement. Is this already applicable? 

The LGUs are in charge of setting the travel policy and requirements as well as the review and approval of travel permits within their jurisdiction. Because of this, policies and requirements may vary from one LGU to another. To check if your destination LGU considers fully-vaccinated individuals to forgo the RT-PCR test, visit the LGU Travel Policy table at s-pass.ph. 

If the LGU allows, travelers should take a photo of their vaccination card and upload it to S-PaSS along with other requirements. 

3. How to create an account for children below 2 years old with no valid ID? 

Family members who are unable to create an S-PaSS account on their own, particularly children (9 years old and under), senior citizens, and people with disabilities, can use another family member's account to apply for travel permits. When submitting a travel permit application for a child who does not have a valid ID, parents or guardians may attach the child's birth certificate instead.

4. If the traveler does NOT have any government-issued ID, what are the alternative documents they can attach along with the travel permit application?

Travelers without any government-issued ID are advised to contact their destination LGU regarding the matter because it is the prerogative of the LGU on what documents they can or cannot accept. For instance, some LGUs accept Birth Certificates or Barangay certificates while other LGUs do not. 

5. How to resize a file to 10 MB? 

Convert the document into a PDF file or decrease your camera's resolution before taking a photo of the document to be submitted. 

6. Can a traveler use a PENDING Travel Permit? 

Travelers are advised to wait for the Travel Coordination Permit (TCP) approval before leaving for a trip to ensure a safe, smooth, and unhampered trip. 

7. Can a traveler first apply for a travel permit in S-PaSS before taking a swab test? 

Before proceeding with the swab test, travelers must first check the travel requirements set by the destination LGU using the LGU Travel Policy Table at s-pass.ph. The protocol will be one of two options, depending on the LGU:

  1. Upload the RT-PCR/Antigen test before applying for a travel permit; or
  2. Proceed with the travel permit application. Testing will be done upon arrival at the destination LGU.

8. What's the use of the User's QR Code if Travel Coordination Permits (TCPs)/Travel Pass-through Permits (TPPs) have their own QR Codes?  

User QR codes in S-PaSS contain the personal details and travel history of the account owner. This is used in some LGUs and government offices that have adopted the S-PaSS local mobility feature. On the other hand, the QR Codes in TCPs and TPPs contain travel details unique for each time the account owner applies for a travel permit. This is used by authorities to review the validity of the trip. 

9. When traveling by land as a family, is one's approved TCP also applicable to his or her spouse and kid? 

Every member must apply for a travel permit individually except for children (9 years old and below), senior citizens, and differently-abled persons for families, groups, or teams traveling together. In such cases, another family member or relative can use their S-PaSS account and apply on their behalf.

10. Does a traveler need to apply for a TCP when the destination LGU is UNRESTRICTED but passing through a seaport that requires a travel permit? 

In such cases, we strongly recommend you to apply for a TPP. It is a self-generated permit that needs no approval from the destination LGU. The permit will be presented to authorities for them to validate your trip. 

11. What to do if a traveler forgets their password? 

Reset your password by clicking on the "Forgot Password" button on the S-PaSS login page. This will be subject to validation and will be reset using an active email address. If you cannot access your email address for any reason, please contact the S-PaSS Technical Support Hotline at 09985354217 / 09985354216 / 09396067375. 

12. What to do if the bus company will not allow children to board the bus even though they have an approved S-PaSS travel permit? 

The traveler may need to contact LTFRB or the destination LGU to clarify and resolve the matter. 

13. Do emergency travelers (death in the immediate family) still need to apply for a travel permit in S-PaSS even though they can present a photocopy of the death certificate at the checkpoints? 

The best option is to apply for a travel permit for a smooth and unhampered trip. Suppose the traveler needs to leave within 24 hours and cannot apply for a travel permit. In that case, they will need to contact the destination LGU and the seaport or airport to verify if they can accept the death certificate without the approved travel permit. 

14. Do travelers need to apply for a travel permit for each LGU that they will be passing through before arriving at his or her last destination? 

No. The traveler just needs to apply for one travel permit indicating their place of origin and last destination. It's also important to indicate the exact date and time from departure to arrival. 

15. How to recover an S-PaSS account that was temporarily banned or reported as spammed? 

The traveler needs to contact S-PaSS Technical Support Team through: 

  • Hotline number: 09985354217 / 09985354216 / 09396067375
  • Email address: techsupport@s-pass.ph 
  • Official Facebook page: @spassph 

Travelers are requested to prepare screenshots of the error prompts and other supporting images related to the issue encountered. Personal information may also be asked during the interaction with our Technical Support Team for verification purposes to completely resolve the issue. 

List of LGUs that are using S-PaSS

As previously stated, 112 LGUs use the S-PaSS system, while 9 do not require it for individuals entering their jurisdiction. You can find a list of LGUs that use S-Pass in the table below (for the updated list, check it here):

(Requires TCP)
(Requires TPP)
Not using S-Pass
Butuan City Abra Angeles City
Caloocan City Agusan del Sur Bataan
Cebu City Aklan Isabela City
Malabon City Albay Davao City
Muntinlupa City Apayao Davao del Norte
Navotas City Bacolod City General Santos City
Dagupan City Baguio City Surigao del Sur
Iligan City Basilan Tacloban City
Ilocos Norte Batangas Tawitawi
La Union Benguet
Iloilo City Biliran
Batanes Bukidnon
Quirino Bulacan
Aurora Cagayan
Tarlac Cagayan de Oro City
Zambales Catanduanes
Lucena City Cavite
Camarines Norte Cebu
Camarines Sur Cotabato City
Masbate Davao de Oro
Mandaue City Davao del Sur
Iloilo Davao Oriental
Naga City Dinagat Islands
Guimaras Ifugao
Capiz Ilocos Sur
Antique Isabela
Bohol Laguna
Negros Oriental Lanao del Norte
Siquijor Lanao del Sur
Olongapo City Lapu-Lapu City
Eastern Samar Las Piñas City
Southern Leyte Leyte
Zamboanga del Norte Maguindanao
Camiguin Makati City
Davao Occidental Mandaluyong City
Sarangani Manila City
South Cotabato Marikina City
Puerto Princesa City Misamis Occidental
Kalinga Misamis Oriental
Agusan del Norte Mountain Province
Surigao del Norte Negros Occidental
Marinduque North Cotabato
Occidental Mindoro Northern Samar
Oriental Mindoro Nueva Ecija
Palawan Nueva Vizcaya
Romblon Ormoc City
Parañaque City
Pasay City
Pasig City
Quezon City
San Juan CIty
Santiago City
Sultan Kudarat
Taguig City
Valenzuela City
Zamboanga City
Zamboanga del Sur
Zamboanga Sibugay


S-PaSS is strictly required, especially if you are traveling via land. Provincial bus passengers are mandated to register first an S-PaSS account before buying their travel tickets. You need to have an S-PaSS account to avoid inconveniences upon going to your destination.

For other information and inquiries about the S-PaSS Ph app, the contact details are 09985354217, 09985354216, 09396067375, and techsupport@s-pass.ph. —AJ Yes/iTacloban (Reference: S-PaSS.Ph)

iTacloban aims to help people by providing the most recent educational content such as online guides, tutorials, news, updates, and digital content from the Philippines and around the world. Email us at itaclobanph@gmail.com for business promotions or partnerships. facebook twitter email

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post