How to Apply Travel Pass in the Philippines Using S-Pass

How to Apply Travel Pass in the Philippines Using S-Pass

Travel passes in the Philippines are available through S-Pass, which requires users to create an account and then apply for TPP or TCP permits. Learn how to obtain a travel pass here.

(UPDATED) If you are a foreign national or an overseas Filipino who wants to go to the Philippines, you need a travel pass. 

Aside from a One Health Pass, you also need it to go to your destination in the Philippines. A travel pass can be obtained once inside the Philippines by creating an account with S-Pass, the country's travel management system. To register for S-Pass, individuals must use a Philippine-registered mobile number.

If you still don't have a sim card, you can purchase one at any kiosk, whether at the airport or a convenience store. Once you have a Philippine mobile number, you can sign up for S-Pass and obtain travel passes.

{tocify} $title={Table of Contents}

What is a travel pass?

A travel pass is a permit or document that is required to enter a specific location. A travel pass in the Philippines can be obtained through S-Pass, where individuals can generate or apply for a specific permit that they can use to travel to a town or city.

How do I get a travel pass using S-Pass?

To get a travel pass in the Philippines, you need to register in S-Pass once inside the country. There are two types of travel passes that can be obtained through S-Pass: the Travel Pass-Through Permit (TPP) and Travel Coordination Permit (TCP.)

No documentary requirements are required for TPP since anyone can quickly generate it through the S-Pass portal. Meanwhile, to be approved, TCP requires documents such as a valid identification card, a negative RT-PCR test (if unvaccinated), and a vaccination card.

To start getting a travel pass, go here: or you may follow the steps below:

Step 1 - Get a Philippine mobile number and register to S-Pass

If you already have a Philippine mobile number, you can go to to sign-up for an account. Just click the "Register" button on the homepage.

Simply complete the registration process and provide the required information to obtain your S-Pass account. Remember your number and password because you will need both to log in to the portal and obtain a travel pass.

Related: How to Register and Get Travel Pass through S-Pass?

Step 2 - Once registered, log in to your account and click the "apply permit" button

After registering for an S-Pass account, log in to your account and click the "Apply Permit" button to begin the process of obtaining a travel pass for your trip to the Philippines.

Step 3 - Fill out the travel flowchart to obtain a travel pass

You must fill out the required information on the travel flowchart by selecting your current location and destination. 

If your destination is "unrestricted," you must generate a Travel Pass-Through Permit (TPP), but if it is "restricted," you must submit the necessary documents to obtain a Travel Coordination Permit (TCP).

(Usually, TPP is no longer required to generate if the destination LGU is unrestricted, you can just go to your destination without said travel permit.)

To obtain your travel pass for an unrestricted destination, continue by clicking the "Generate Travel Pass-Through Permit (TPP)" button.

Meanwhile, for restricted destinations, you must follow the requirements of the local government unit (LGU) and submit a digital copy of the documents.

Step 4 - Fill out the TPP and TCP application form 

You must complete the application form, whether you are applying for a TPP or TCP travel pass. Simply enter the required information, upload the required documents, and click the "Proceed" button when finished. 

You will only need to enter your departure date, current address, and intended destination address.

Step 5 - Receive and save your travel pass

You will automatically receive your travel pass once you have completed the application process. It is also advisable to contact your destination LGU, especially if you are applying for a TCP, to ensure that your application is being processed.

For TPP travel passes, you will immediately receive a digital copy of the permit, which you can save to your phone or print.

How do I get a travel pass to the province?

As previously stated in this article, you can use S-Pass to apply for a travel pass. Simply check the policy table ( table) to see if an LGU is using the platform for travel passes or permits. 

If your destination uses an S-Pass, you must create an account and follow the steps outlined above to obtain a travel pass when visiting the province.

How long does it take to get a travel pass?

After completing the application form for unrestricted destinations, you will be able to generate a TPP travel pass instantly. Meanwhile, for restricted destinations, it usually takes two to three business days for your TCP travel pass to be approved once you uploaded the necessary requirements on the S-Pass portal.

TCP will be processed by your destination LGU, so it is much better to keep in touch with them to find out the status of your application. LGU's contact information can be found at

What are the requirements to get a travel pass?

The requirements for obtaining a travel pass vary depending on the LGU, but some of the common requirements are:

  • Vaccination certificate/card (indicating completion of either the first or second doses provided); 
  • valid government-issued identification card/document; 
  • the LGU's Quick Response (QR) code; and 
  • a negative ANTIGEN/RT-PCR test for unvaccinated individuals

When traveling to the Philippines with children, they must usually be accompanied by fully vaccinated parents or guardians.

How long is the validity of the travel pass?

An S-Pass travel pass is only valid at the time of your departure and arrival at the destination of your choice. If the destination is unrestricted, you can always generate a new TPP travel pass, but for TCP travel passes, you must always apply in advance to avoid delays on your trip.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about travel pass in the Philippines:

What should you do if your destination LGU does not use S-PaSS?

Travelers are encouraged to contact the relevant LGU directly. In light of this, S-PaSS has collaborated with the Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG) to ensure that local governments (LGUs) include their contact information on S-Pass (

Who is required to obtain a travel pass via S-Pass?

Only those planning to travel should obtain their travel passes through S-Pass. Travelers should always verify the destination LGU's travel policies and requirements. They can also use S- PaSS to submit online applications for travel documents, depending on the LGU's travel policy.

Which type of travel pass should you apply for?

As mentioned in this article, if the traveler's destination LGU is labeled 'Unrestricted,' they are eligible to obtain a TPP travel pass without the need for approval from the LGU.

If the traveler is visiting an LGU with a 'Restricted' travel policy, they must apply for a Travel Coordination Permit (TCP).

Who is responsible for approving TPP and TCP travel passes?

No approval is required for the Travel Pass-Through Permit. It is a document that is generated automatically via the S-Pass portal. Individuals can obtain a copy of it immediately upon completing an application form for an unrestricted destination.

The application for a Travel Coordination Permit is approved by the destination LGU. That is why travelers must check on the status of their application with the local government unit (LGU), as S-Pass has no control over the approval process but assists by notifying LGUs of pending applications.

What to do if the TCP travel pass is still pending approval and I have 24 hours to travel?

You must contact LGU to inquire about the status of your TCP application. Visit the S-Pass "Contact us" page ( or the LGU Travel Policy Table ( to obtain contact information.


Getting a travel pass in the Philippines is easy. Individuals just need to go to the S-Pass portal if their destination LGU requires it. Whether it's a TPP or a TCP, foreign nationals and returning overseas Filipinos just need a Philippine registered number to sign-up for an S-Pass account and get their travel pass.

Meanwhile, if you need a One Health Pass, you may read the step-by-step guide here. —AJ Yes/iTacloban

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post