Two dead in Northern Samar due to electrocution

Two dead in Northern Samar due to electrocution


TACLOBAN — Two men died in Lope de Vega, Northern Samar after being electrocuted while repairing a water pump on Monday morning, February 22.

According to Northern Samar PNP, the two victims were identified as Roberto Irigan, a barangay public safety officer; and Romeo Interior, a plumber. Both are residents of Brgy Cawayan, Catarman.

During the initial police investigation, the two were repairing a metal tube of a water pump in P6, Barangay Poblacion, at 11:40 am, when the tube accidentally touched a live wire which caused them to be electrocuted.

The victims were taken to the Northern Samar Provincial Hospital, but the attending physician declared both dead.

On Saturday, February 20, a boy who's also from Northern Samar lost his life after stepping on a live wire in Brgy Acedera, Bobon. The incident caused a power outage in the said area. —Tacloban News Update

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post