Father grieves as 11-year-old son died after stepping on a live wire

(In a Facebook post by a netizen, a father heavily grieved after knowing that his 11-year-old-boy was electrocuted after stepping on a live wire. His son was immediately shifted to a nearby hospital after the incident happened but was declared dead by the attending physician. Photo by Neil Breven Tagros)

TACLOBAN — A father heavily grieved as his 11-year-old boy died after stepping on a live wire while walking towards a field in Barangay Acereda, Bobon, Northern Samar on Thursday, February 18, 2021, police said.

According to the police, the victim was identified as Ivan Lauriano Dela Cruz, student, and resident of Barangay New Rizal, Catarman, Northern Samar.


Together with two other individuals, the victim went to a farm to uproot some cassava crops but accidentally stepped on a live wire that was lying on the ground.

nakakadurog ng puso. yana lapo iton nga kulop didi sa Sitio Tura, brgy. Acereda Bobon. nakatamak siya live wire....

Posted by Neil Breven Tagros on Wednesday, February 17, 2021

The boy was immediately shifted to a nearby hospital but was declared dead by the attending physician.


Police are still investigating the incident. Tacloban News Update with reports from SunStar

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Recent Posts

Related